Code of Conduct
Disclosure of personal information policy of Pendragon
Personal information concerning employees is confidential and will only be used for purposes for which the information is relevant.
Personal information may be used for purposes other than for which it was collected:
- with the consent of theperson concerned;
- to prevent a serious threat to a person’s health or life;
- as required or authorised by law;
- where reasonably necessary for the enforcement of criminal or revenue law.
You have access to the personal information held by Pendragon Management about you.
You may also make corrections and additions to personal information to make sure that the information is accurate, up to date and complete. To do this, pleased contact the Manager, Human Resources.
Pendragon Management reserves the right to keep confidential information that is judged sensitive or restricted because it may relate to other employees or to comments not meant to be accessed by the employee in question.
Requests by third parties
When a third party, eg a bank, requests information about an employee, that employee will be contacted and his/her permission will be required before that information is released.
Permission, if provided to Pendragon Management, will be provided in writing – signed by the employee.
Code of conduct at Pendragon
All employees of Pendragon are expected to observe the highest standards of ethics, integrity and behaviour during the course of their employment with Pendragon.
The standards expected of employees include:
- compliance with all company policies, procedures, rules, regulations and contracts;compliance
- with all reasonable and legal instructions of managers;
- to be honest and fair in dealings with customers, clients, co-workers, company management and the general public.
Certain activities and practices are drawn to your attention. These activities and practices have proved to be a real or potential source of problems in the past.
As a result the management of Pendragon draws your attention to the following rules that apply to employees of this company:
- maintain punctuality – we operate to tight deadlines and require your cooperation;
- oberve health and safety rules.
- repect the company’s ownership of all company funds, equipment, supplies, books, records and property;
- maintain during employment with the company and after the termination of employment, the confidentiality of any confidential information, records or other materials acquired during the course of employment with Pendragon;
- while employed at Pendragon, to not accept any employment with another organisation that is a supplier or competitor of Pendragon, or any other employment that is in conflict with your position at Pendragon;
- dress in an appropriate manner and ensure that your appearance is presentable, clean, neat and tidy;
- do not make any unauthorised statements to the media about the company’s business (requests for media statements should be referred to your manager);
- no fighting in the workplace;
- no swearing in the workplace;
- no sexual or other unlawful harassment in the workplace;
- no drugs or alcohol in the workplace.
Breaches of the Code of Conduct will be dealt with in accordance with the Discipline and Termination Policy.