Are you looking to sponsor international talent? Make sure you are aware of the process, requirements & necessary documents… This applies whether you want to start sponsoring an employee or want to take over an existing sponsorship…
- Make sure you have evidence of Labour Market Testing unless exempted from this requirement.
- Make sure the skillset you are sponsoring the individual under, is on the eligible skilled occupation list. Confirm that the individual has the relevant qualifications and/or work experience as set out in ANZSCO.
- Check if the individual you want to sponsor has at least 2 years of work experience in the occupation you want to sponsor.
- Check that you and your business are eligible to sponsor. Also, you will need to become an approved sponsor to sponsor a skilled individual.
- Make sure the individual meets the minimum English language requirements.
- Check that your candidate meets the requirement for healthy character.
- Make sure the individual is a good fit or match for your company in the long term.
If you are looking to get help with sponsoring an overseas employee within your business, get in contact with Pendragon on +61 2 9407 8700 or reach us at [email protected]