When you hear the word contractor, the next word you will probably hear is compliance… and then are they employees or contractors?
Managing contractors, especially when you engage a large number of them, can be a complex and challenging undertaking. It is essential that your legal obligations are met, they are insured and are paid correctly. That all government taxes/compliances are met and you are not seen as the employer. You will need to keep a record of all relevant documentation that’s required to prove this.
The cost of non-compliance or that you are deemed the employer can be horrendous and in some cases break a company and force them into liquidation…
Why you should consider outsourcing your contractor compliance to a contractor management company?
- Save time and money: While supporting your contractors makes a lot of sense, trying to do it on your own with an in-house system can bring its own challenges. You need the time and resources to support your contractors through the process, and that can take away from other business priorities. Hiring a full-time employee may not be cost-effective for your organisation. Working with a contractor management company can save your time as well as money and provide you with experience and expertise.
- Keep your documents up to date: Contractor compliance is an ongoing process. New rules, laws or legislations may come into process, there may be changes in the contract during that period of time, there may be change in a situation or documents may come up for renewal. Working with a contractor management company, you can make sure you are always notified and updated with the latest compliance changes.
- Workforce Flexibility: You can engage your workforce based on your needs and requirements. Whether it’s for a short-term or long-term contract, appoint your workforce with terms that suit you and your organisation and leave the stress of keeping them compliant to the contractor management company.
- Insurance coverage: A contractor management company can save your organisation’s time and money by covering your contractors for Workers Compensation & Professional Indemnity; inadvertently saving you the time and costs with the administration involved.
- Alleviate Employee Burden: Alleviating the contractor compliance and remove any doubt over them being deemed as an employee…
To know more about the benefits of outsourcing your contractor compliance, don’t hesitate to call us on 02 9407 8700 or reach us at [email protected] or book a meeting and we will make sure we provide you with a cost-benefit service for your organisation.