Skip to main content
Australian VisaPermanent ResidencyVisa and Immigration

Do you come under the Short-Term Skilled Occupation List…? Here’s your Life Plan for PR…

By 12 July 2022July 13th, 2022No Comments

If you do not fall within the time span of the current changes to the STSOL rules that allow people who have been in Australia through the COVID period to apply for Permanent residency from the 1st July 2022 then the following visa is what you should be considering to gain Permanent residency…

Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional Provisional Visa (Subclass 494) / Permanent Residence Skilled Regional Visa (Subclass 191)

The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187) was replaced by the Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional Provisional Visa (Subclass 494) on 16 November 2019. Once granted, the Subclass 494 Visa has a pathway to permanent residency after the applicant has worked and resided in regional Australia for 3 years.

What are the requirements from the sponsoring company?

  • your employer must be located in a designated regional area of Australia (excludes employers in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne).
  • your employer will need approval from the Regional Certifying Body which is the government authority designated for your location of proposed employment.
  • your proposed position will need to be on the relevant occupation list.
  • the position on offer must be full-time, offering a salary at market rates and likely to be available for five years.

What are the requirements for the candidate?

  • obtain a successful skills assessment for your proposed occupation
  • have at least three years of full-time and relevant skilled work experience
  • be under 45 years of age
  • demonstrate Competent English which is equivalent to at least 6 for each of the 4 test components in IELTS (or a comparable score in other accepted English language exam).

What are the requirements for a pathway to Permanent Residency?

You can access permanent residence through the Subclass 191 visa when the following is met:

  1. have lived and worked in the designated regional area for at least three years, whilst holding a 494 or 491visa.
  2. show earnings of at least $53,900 plus super annually for three years.

Disclaimer: The above is the current information as per the government website, we strongly recommend you get professional advice, from a migration agent or migration lawyer, regarding the above information before lodging for a subclass 494 or 491 visa.

To check your current status and options for Permanent residency, please don’t hesitate to contact usbook an appointment or reach us at [email protected] where one of our Australian team members will gladly help you…

Source: Department of Home Affairs

Pendragon Team