The Department of Home Affairs has announced the new Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL) which identifies 17 occupations with critical skills needs that support Australia’s economic recovery from COVID-19.
Employer-sponsored nomination and visa applicants with an occupation on the PMSOL will be given priority processing. All other skilled occupation lists will remain active, but the PMSOL occupations will take priority.
The list is temporary and priority occupations may change as Australia recovers from the pandemic.
The Priority Migration Skill Occupation List
The 17 occupations (ANZSCO code) are:
- Chief Executive or Managing Director (111111)
- Construction Project Manager (133111)
- Mechanical Engineer (233512)
- General Practitioner (253111)
- Resident Medical Officer (253112)
- Psychiatrist (253411)
- Medical Practitioner nec (253999)
- Midwife (254111)
- Registered Nurse (Aged Care) (254418)
- Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency) (254415)
- Registered Nurse (Medical) (254418)
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health) (254422)
- Registered Nurse (Perioperative) (254422)
- Registered Nurses nec (254499)
- Developer Programmer (261312)
- Software Engineer (261313)
- Maintenance Planner (312911)
To know more about the PMSOL and its exemptions or any of the TSS 482 Skilled Occupation List, please don’t hesitate to contact us or call us at 02 9407 8700
Source: Department of Home Affairs