Farms & visas win in UK-Australia Free Trade Agreement…
- Automatic 3-year Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417)
- Removal of 88 days working on the farm criteria
- The age limit for the Working Holiday Visa lifted from 30 to 35 years.
- Both the UK & the Australian government has also stated that a special seasonal agricultural visa will also be offered in both directions. For example, shearers could move freely between the two countries.
- A bigger regional visa scheme is also due to be unveiled soon to address the farm labour shortage.
Australia and Britain have also committed to provisions on temporary entry that will support economic recovery, enhance opportunities for business travel and encourage people to travel and work in both countries, based on reciprocity.
However, it might still be a year before the free-trade agreement starts to deliver any benefits to the exporters, farmers and temporary visa holders…
What are your thoughts…?