Skip to main content
Visa and Immigration

Working Holidays in Australia…!?

By 28 January 2020April 1st, 2020No Comments

Looking to widen your experience of working abroad while travelling, exploring and studying at the same time? Australia is the place to do it… It has a special program for expats to work abroad while gaining a short-term experience of living, travelling, and studying. If you choose to do so, believe us, you will meet several people who are doing the same and having a memorable time.

Here is some need-to-know information about Australia’s working holiday visa…

What is a Working Holiday Visa for Australia?

Australia’s working holiday visa subclass 417 offers people from some countries to live in Australia for up to 12 months. It is primarily designed for a young person to have an experience abroad in Australia; and to be able to support oneself while there. You can also study for up to 4 months on the visa.
Imagine how great it would be if you are allowed to work to live and travel in Australia and not be stressed about the funds for your holiday!

Who may apply?

To apply for a working holiday visa for the first time, you must hold a passport from an eligible country or jurisdiction and should be between 18 years to 30 years old, except for Canadian, French and Irish citizens who are eligible to apply up to 35 years of age. However, you must strictly not be accompanied by any dependent children and must have not previously entered Australia on a subclass 417 or 462 visa.

How do you apply?

You can conveniently apply for a working holiday visa for Australia online on the Department of Home Affairs. You must be outside Australia while applying online for the first time; additionally, you must be able to provide documentation of sufficient funds, passport, birth certificate, recent photographs, character documents and more.

How long does it last?

Australia’s Working Holiday Visa subclass 417 allows you to stay in the country for up to 12 months as long as you keep on complying with the visa requirements, which includes meeting the health and character criteria and having the appropriate insurance. In this visa, you are eligible to study for up to 4 months; travel to and fro from Australia as many times as you want. You may only work for the same employer for a maximum of six month. You can also do a minimum of 3 months of specified work to become eligible for a second Working Holiday visa while helping yourself pay for your holidays.

How much does it cost?

Applying for an Australian Working Holiday visa would cost you approximately AUD 485.

Why Australia?

Australia is a great place to go for a live and work experience because of its quality of life as well as the convenience that the Working Holiday visa offers. It enables you to relocate from city to city as you travel and work temporarily at places while you not only get to meet many new people in the way and earn money but also have a great experience. There are so many different landscapes, climates, environments around Australia and you can hop from seaside location to outback farms, to bustling cities as you like.

You have a great chance to make good money, expand your network, open the door for job opportunities around the world, benefit from the work/life balance in Australia and have something to standout on your CV.

Going abroad even for a short period of time enriches you and will be an experience that you will remember forever. So, we ask you is it your 31st Birthday yet…? If not, you still may have a way to get in…! For further information don’t hesitate to talk to us…

Purnima Kabra